Skip to content

When living abroad it’s even more important to know that your most important asset, your property, is in good hands.

We have many Overseas landlords and therefore we understand the importance of communication; keeping in touch, responding to queries promptly and we know it goes a long way to have regular feedback from property visits and on potential repair works.  We are here to make letting your property as stress-free as possible whilst living abroad.

On the legal side, there are extra considerations for overseas landlords and we help you understand and address them in an efficient manner.

What you need to be aware of:

  • We will have to verify your identity and get proof of ownership as we start working
  • To assist you through the Overseas Tax process please follow the Overseas Tax Information link, which will allow you to either download or complete online, the necessary application form. During the application process, you will require to give our Agents Tax Number which is: NA032567
  • The HMRC will then issue a Tax Exemption Certificate to ensure you receive your UK rental income without deduction of tax.
  • For joint overseas landlords, a tax exemption form and number will be required for each landlord.
  • If you apply for tax exemption we will forward you the gross rental income and provide an annual statement that is suitable for use by HMRC.
  • If you do not register for tax exemption, the basic tax rate (currently 20%) will require to be deducted from the rent and paid to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) each quarter – in this case, we will submit accounts to HMRC on a quarterly basis and send you a certificate on taxes paid on your behalf; we will charge £30 per quarter for the submission of accounts.

Get in touch

Call us on 01475 784781 or send us a message...